Across ages and stages, play therapy helps clients to bring awareness of feelings, make sense of thoughts and emotions, increase understanding of self and others, and improve social and emotional functioning.
We will explore The Therapeutic Powers of Play, developmentally appropriate play, and interventions, how to strengthen self-esteem and increase self-confidence. You will leave with a toolbox filled with play therapy techniques utilizing Sandtray, expressive arts, puppets, role-playing, and guided imagery (to name a few) that you can use immediately with clients of all ages.
- Describe 6 effective play therapy strategies across ages and stages of development
- Identify how play therapy impacts neuropsychological development
- Conceptualize attachment patterns to strengthen client’s relationships.
- Develop 2 new techniques to engaging parents in family play therapy.
- Practice evidence-based play therapy techniques to treat children, teens, and adults
- Identify effective evidence-based play therapy techniques that can be used immediately with their client populations.