Participants will spend each day learning new and innovative play therapy techniques including hands-on experiential activities, sand tray interventions, and expressive arts. You will leave with a creative toolbox of tips, techniques, and a clear understanding of how attachment styles impact relationships.
Day 1: 11/2/2020
Introduction to Attachment Centered Play Therapy, Identifying Attachment Patterns and Attachment Wounding
Day 2: 11/9/2020
Treating Attachment Disrupted and Attachment Wounded Children and Families Using Attachment Centered Play Therapy
- Identify how attachment theory applies to play therapy and to view family systems through the lens of attachment.
- Conceptualize attachment patterns that impact parent-child relationships.
- Conceptualize generational attachment patterns and how these manifests in family-based play therapy.
- Analyze attachment theory as it applies to play therapy to provide integrated therapeutic treatment.
- Evaluate the four key concepts of attachment theory and how these concepts apply to attachment centered play therapy.
- Analyze various family systems through the lens of attachment theory to strengthen clinical assessment skills.
About the Presenter
Clair Mellenthin, LCSW, holds a Master’s Degree in Social Work from the University of Southern California. Throughout her career, she has focused on providing therapy to children, teens, and their families. Before joining Wasatch Family Therapy as the Director of Child and Adolescent Services, she worked in a successful private practice. She is currently the Clinical Director at Wasatch Family Therapy. Ms. Mellenthin is a sought after supervisor, training graduate students and interns in play therapy, and an adjunct faculty member at the University of Utah, Utah Valley University, and the University of Southern California MSW programs. She is currently the President of the Utah Association For Play Therapy.
In addition to being an experienced play therapist and professor, Ms. Mellenthin frequently presents professional play therapy and family therapy trainings and appears on local and national TV and radio as an expert on children and family issues.