6 APT Approved Hours
*Use this course for 6 APT hours under Play Therapy Skills & Methods
Through the lens of attachment theory, participants will gain a new understanding of how children and families interact and bond to one another in healthy vs maladaptive ways. We will be exploring how trauma, abuse, and neglect impact the bonds of attachment within the family system and how the power of Attachment Centered Play Therapy can help to heal these wounds.
Participants will spend the day learning new and innovative play therapy techniques including hands on experiential activities, sand tray interventions, and expressive arts. You will leave with a creative toolbox of tips, techniques, and a clear understanding of how attachment styles impact relationships.
1. Identify how attachment theory applies to play therapy and to view family systems through the lens of attachment.
2. Conceptualize attachment patterns that impact parent-child relationships.
3. Conceptualize generational attachment patterns and how these manifests in family-based play therapy.
4. Analyze attachment theory as it applies to play therapy to provide integrated therapeutic treatment.
5. Evaluate the four key concepts of attachment theory and how these concepts apply to attachment centered play therapy.
6. Analyze various family systems through the lens of attachment theory to strengthen clinical assessment skills.
Clair Mellenthin, LCSW, RPT-S
Clair Mellenthin, LCSW, RPT-S holds a Master's Degree in Social Work from the University of Southern California. Throughout her career, she has focused on providing play therapy to children, teens, and their families. She is currently the Director of Child & Adolescents at Wasatch Family Therapy. Mx. Mellenthin is a sought-after supervisor, training graduate students and interns in play therapy, and an adjunct faculty member at the University of Southern California MSW program. She is the past president of the Utah Association For Play Therapy and remains an active member of the Board of Directors. She is the author of Attachment Centered Play Therapy, My Many Colors of Me Workbook.
For trainings hosted by Clair Mellenthin, LLC registration for trainings may be canceled with a full refund up to 24 hours after registration/payment has been made. Registrations canceled after that time will not receive a refund but participants may obtain credit for a future training or toward products in the store. View each specific training hosted by other people/agencies to understand their cancellation policy.